The Health benefits of hiking cannot be overemphasized.
If you are doubting it, then, I would really like you to read through this article carefully.
Note: Wherever necessary, click the hyperlinks which will refer you to the original journals that have these facts.
This article is what is contained in the infographic.
Read it and embed the infographic.
Help spread the word that hiking is very profitable health-wise.
Share this Image On Your Site
Hiking (walk for a long distance, especially across the country)
The purpose behind what you do enables you to get the best out of it. This applies to hiking too.
To get these health benefits hiking, I suggest you develop a purpose for them
1. More doctors are writing nature prescriptions by recommending ecotherapy to reduce anxiety, improve stress levels and to curb depression says WebMD
- Ecotherapy (treatments which aim to improve your entire wellbeing by doing outdoor activities in nature)
2. The mind and body are naturally connected
Why hiking is a mind workout
Mind (the faculty of consciousness and thought)
1. Urbanization is associated with an increased level of anxiety disorders and depression
- But hiking can avert this coupled with antidepressants, after 4 months.
2. Physical activity as simple and low-cost as hiking can provide so many mental health benefits
3. Hiking helps to keep our brain cells nourished and healthy
4. Aerobic hiking exercise helps improve memory and cognitive ability
5. Hiking through a natural environment reported lower levels of rumination
- Rumination is a risk factor for mental illness
6. Hikers who go through a natural environment have reduced neural activity in the area of the brain linked to mental illness
7. Hiking improve endurance
8. Nature experience increases positive mood and decreases negative mood by releasing endorphins (feel-good hormones)
9. Exposing children with ADHD to hiking exercise reduces their ADHD symptoms
- ADHD is a common disorder among children
- Those with ADHD have difficulty controlling impulses, are easily distracted.
10. Hiking help us think creatively by 50% increase
- Four days without technology is a good start
11. Hiking has been proven to improve sleep at night.
Why hiking is a body workout
Body (the physical structure, including the bones, flesh, and organs, of a person)
12. Hiking is considered by experts to be better for fat burn
13. Hiking gives your muscles more endurance
Glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings, gastrocnemius, plantaris, and soleus
14. Hiking turns on and strengthens lots of muscles in your body that you don’t normally use
15. Hiking on uneven terrain increases the amount of energy your body uses by 28% compared to walking on flat ground
16. Uneven terrain hiking causes a 28 and 62% increase in positive knee and hip work, respectively
17. Hiking can burn 400 to 700 calories an hour
- Hike uneven terrain or towards a hilly region
18. Overall weight loss
- A 175-pound person who hikes 3 times a week for 2 hours is likely to lose approximately 1 pound per week if the calories consumed are the number required to maintain weight.
19. Hiking can increase the density of your bones, effectively reversing the effects of osteoporosis.
20. Hiking promotes a slower aging process
21. Life Story
Other Health Benefits of Hiking
22. Lower risk of heart disease
23. Improved blood pressure and blood sugar levels
24. Reduce cholesterol level
25. Improves respiratory function
26. Relieve back pain
27. Prevent diabetes
28. Reduce the symptom of arthritis
29. Strengthen the immune system
Next time you hear someone tell you, “take a hike,” you might want to thank them for looking out for your health
Click to visit (Smarthikr) the homepage
Other Interesting Articles you might like
The Best Ultralight Sleeping Bag for Side sleepers
Best Hiking Bags for Women
Best Backpack Carrier for Large Dogs Hiking
Best Lightweight Waterproof Breathable Hiking Pants
Best Long Underwear for Hiking
Best Boxer Briefs for Hiking
Best Gore tex hiking Pants
Best compact digital camera for hiking
Best mirrorless camera for hiking
Best trekking pole for hiking
Best resistant food containers for hiking
Best portable toilet seats for hiking