If your knees are hurt. And you don’t know what better ways to take care of it, then consider using a knee strap.
Actually, it’s being like that for me in a while. Mine wasn’t exactly caused by hiking but by accident. I was on my bike one day and I was on high speed. Suddenly there was rainfall. I should have stopped but I kept going because I was close to where I was going.
And you know that the road becomes slippery when there is water on it. I didn’t know when I spun off the road and bam! I had had an accident. My knees were badly hurt.
I couldn’t do anything else freely with my legs not until it got healed.
so, I understand how you feel even if not totally.
In this post, we will be looking at the Cho Pat Dual Action Knee Strap and how good it really is.
- Cho Pat Dual Knee Strap can help people who suffer from weak and painful knees. Though the reason for the pains may differ.
- Cho Pat is designed with Neoprene. This material is flexible and synthetic. This makes it a lot less rigid when it’s being used. Which helps you feel comfortable when it’s against your knee when walking or hiking, whatever the case may be.
- Your kneecap structure becomes stronger when using the knee brace because it has a support that compresses and stabilizes the overall kneecap. This same support also applies pressure to the tendons.
Who Is It For?
Though this knee strap does have something to offer and it’s being acclaimed to be the best out there, doesn’t mean it’s meant for everybody.
The wrong use of a knee strap might worsen a knee pain. What do I mean?
If your doctor didn’t prescribe using a knee brace as a way of healing your knee, it would be best if you don’t even think about using it. He’s a medical professional and you are not is enough reason.
Or you were told you need surgery, yet you choose physical therapy for yourself.
You don’t want to turn that knee pain from acute to chronic. Trust me, I know how that feels. (Remember how I told you I was once a victim?)
Who then is this knee strap for?
This strap is for you if you suffer from Patella Tracking Disorder. It means when you patella shifts from its position when you are using it.
Or Iliotibial Band Syndrome which basically means an injury at the thigh of high prevalence to hikers and other outdoors alike.
Or for someone who suffers from jumper’s knees. Jumper’s knees are the inflammation of tendons and muscles that are surrounding the knee.
Or chondromalacia patella is also known as runner’s knee. This type of knee pain is commonly observed when someone is sitting down then feels terrible pain or when climbing stairs or kneeling down.
Or better still, it’s for people who engage in all sorts of activities that involve moving their legs over and over and over again. E.g running, walking, jumping, dancing etc.
- It helps the kneecap from shifting from its position as long as its properly fitted to the knee.
- No matter how weak your knee is, you will always feel an increase in strength and stability when you put them on
- This product works best when you are using it to treat the right thing.
- It’s ideal for those hiking downhill with pain on the side of their knees.
- This knee brace seems to breathe well and only get sweaty a bit.
- The inner rubbers are so annoying. They tend to pull off every time when walking and they won’t just stay put. Which makes the strap slip. This can get really uncomfortable.
- The sizing is off at times. They are smaller than indicated. For someone with a fat knee, this may not be for you. Except of course you measure your knee for accuracy repeatedly.
- It does not completely eliminate the pain as you would have wanted it to.
This may be hard but what if this knee strap can’t actually help you. It is better for you to explore other options so you can make an informed decision.
The truth is that there are other products like the Cho Pat Dual Action Knee Strap that are created to deliver the same (if not more) result.
An example of such is the Bauerfeind Knee Support. One of its drawbacks is the price (but who care as long it delivers). This knee strap has a raving reviewing of being the best strap that tames knee pain because it’s not made of neoprene.
While the other called Mueller Adjustable Knee Support has its own territory to maintain. It doesn’t seem to have problems of securing the knee (meaning it doesn’t slip).
There you have it.
For me, I would be sticking with the cho pat knee strap since it has a fine balance between being too pricey and securing the knee.
Just like every prescription a doctor gives, if you use the Cho pat knee strap for what it’s really meant for, I have no doubt that you would see positive results just like the others who have used it too.
Don’t waste time, don’t hesitate. Check the prices here.
Click here for more unbiased analyzed products