If your knees hurt. If you don’t know what better way to take care of it, then consider using a knee strap.
So if you’re on this site you must already have an idea about what a knee strap is. But, let’s tell you more and help fill up some important knowledge gaps.
Actually, I had a fall and as a result, sustained a painful knee injury. This was very restrictive, especially physically. As a result of this experience, I became acquainted with knee straps (also called knee brace).
And if there’s one thing I regretted not doing on time it was to opt for a knee brace. it would have saved me a lot of stress and pain and my knee would have healed faster.
After suffering from pain as a result of the knee injury, I had to sort out ways to help relieve the pain and assist me with physical activities. If you’re a hiker or involved in other outdoor activities, you know what I mean.
I found out that I hit jackpot when I came about the Cho Pat knee strap and in this post, I’ll be showing you the Pros and the Cons of using a knee strap and this knee brace in particular.
In this post, we will be looking at the Cho Pat Dual Action Knee Strap and how good it really is for your knees.
Basics you need to know about Knee Straps
Basically, what a knee strap is is a band-like device that wraps around the bottom or top of your knee or both. This strap helps take stress— and resultantly pain — off of the patella tendon at the bottom of your knee.
Also called patellar straps, these knee braces mechanism involves pressing on the patella tendon to tighten up your knee, This provides support to your knee cap so that is it not constantly thumping against your femur
In more simple terms, these pat straps will help relieve the stress on your knees and help it function as it should and even more effectively.
Now let’s get to know more about the Cho Pat patellar tendon strap!
Product Description of Cho Pat Knee Brace
The Cho-Pat Dual Action Knee Strap provides you an extra dimension of relief for your painful or weakened knees.
This strap applies pressure upon the patella tendon below the kneecap to stabilize the kneecap mechanism, improving patella tracking and reducing patella subluxation.
This applies pressure on the tendon above the kneecap, reduces the forces of the quadriceps on the patella tendon and erosion of the undersurface of the kneecap. This Cho Pat knee brace allows for full mobility while providing maximum benefit.
Features/Benefits of using Cho Pat Knee Brace
- Cho Pat Dual Knee Strap can help people who suffer from weak and painful knees. Though the reason for the pain may differ.
- Cho Pat is designed with Neoprene. This material is flexible and synthetic. This makes it a lot less rigid when it’s being used. This helps you feel comfortable when it’s against your knee when walking or hiking, whatever the case may be.
- Your kneecap structure becomes stronger when using the knee brace because it has support that compresses and stabilizes the overall kneecap. This same support also applies pressure to the tendons.
- The Cho Pat Dual Action Knee Strap is easy to wear – Comfortable, adjustable, and easy to take off to relieve stress and reduce inflammation.
Who Is Cho Pat Knee Brace For?
Though this knee strap does have something to offer and it’s being acclaimed to be the best out there, doesn’t mean it’s meant for everybody.
The wrong use of a knee strap might worsen your knee pain. What do I mean?
If your doctor didn’t prescribe using a knee brace as a way of healing your knee, it would be best if you don’t even think about using it. He’s a medical professional, and you are not, is enough reason.
Or you were told you need surgery, yet you choose physical therapy for yourself.
You don’t want to turn that knee pain from acute to chronic. Trust me, I know how that feels. (Remember how I told you I was once a victim?)
Who then is Cho Pat’s Knee strap for?
This strap is for you if you suffer from Patella Tracking Disorder. It means that your patella shifts from its position when you are using it.
Or Iliotibial Band Syndrome which basically means an injury at the thigh of high prevalence to hikers and other outdoors alike.
Or for someone who suffers from jumper’s knees. Jumper’s knees are the inflammation of tendons and muscles that are surrounding the knee.
Or chondromalacia patella is also known as the runner’s knee. This type of knee pain is commonly observed when someone is sitting down and then feels terrible pain or when climbing stairs or kneeling down.
Or better still, it’s for people who engage in all sorts of activities that involve moving their legs over and over and over again. E.g running, walking, jumping, dancing, etc.
How does cho-pat knee strap work?
The strap stabilizes the kneecap mechanism and leads to improved patella tracking, reducing patella subluxation, and providing additional relief to painful and weak knees.
Applying pressure upon the patella tendon below the kneecap applies pressure to the patella tendon and stabilizes the kneecap mechanism.
Cho Pat Knee Brace sizing
Here’s how to know which brace or strap size you will be needing, when ordering for your Cho Pat Dual Action Knee Brace.
CHO-Pat Knee Strap Instructions
Getting an awesome product like the Cho Pat Dual Action Knee brace is as go as useless if you don’t know how to use it, right?
We certainly aren’t going to leave you in the dark.
So check out how you can wear your Cho Pat knee strap correctly.
- Unfasten straps and position support behind your knee with straps above and below your kneecap.
- Slide the top strap (without gel pad) through the opening in the opposite top strap. Position the gel pad directly above your kneecap. Apply desired tension to both straps and fasten to the base.
- Repeat step two for lower strap – position gel pad directly below kneecap over patella tendon.
NOTE: You can wear your Cho Pat Dual Action knee brace under your pants (loose ones) or openly, if you’re wearing shorts.
- It helps the kneecap from shifting from its position as long as its properly fitted to the knee.
- No matter how weak your knee is, you will always feel an increase in strength and stability when you put them on
- This product works best when you are using it to treat the right thing.
- It’s ideal for those hiking downhill with pain on the side of their knees.
- This knee brace seems to breathe well and only gets sweaty a bit.
- The inner rubbers are so annoying. They tend to pull off every time when walking and they won’t just stay put. Which makes the strap slip. This can get really uncomfortable.
- The sizing is off at times. They are smaller than indicated. For someone with a fat knee, this may not be for you. Except of course, you measure your knee for accuracy repeatedly.
- It does not completely eliminate the pain as you would have wanted it to.
This may be hard but what if this knee strap can’t actually help you? It is better for you to explore other options so you can make an informed decision.
The truth is that there are other products like the Cho Pat Dual Action Knee Strap that are created to deliver the same (if not more) results.
An example of such is the Bauerfeind Knee Support. One of its drawbacks is the price (but who cares as long it delivers). This knee strap has a raving review of being the best strap that tames knee pain because it’s not made of neoprene.
While the other called Mueller Adjustable Knee Support has its own territory to maintain. It doesn’t seem to have problems with securing the knee (meaning it doesn’t slip).
There you have it, Cho-Pat dual action knee strap reviews
For me, I would be sticking with the Cho Pat Knee strap since it has a fine balance between being too pricey and securing the knee.
Just like every prescription a doctor gives, if you use the Cho Pat knee strap for what it’s really meant for, I have no doubt that you would see positive results just like the others who have used it too.
Don’t waste time, don’t hesitate.
Where to buy Cho-Pat knee straps?
On the lookout for a great easily assessable online store to order your patellaR knee brace? Look no further, you can get your new Cho-Pat knee strap in your size and favorite color below.
What is a Cho-Pat strap used for?
As explained in this article, the Cho-Pat knee brace is designed to relieve knee stress for your injured or weakened knee.
Do patellar tendon straps work?
A lot of researchers have come to a consensus that when used to treat pain in the lower knee cap area as it begins, a patellar strap can stop cartilage degeneration and help keep the knees healthy longer.
However, patellar straps are not the end-all answer to knee pain.
When should I wear a patellar tendon strap?
When it is recommended or has been approved by your physician
Should I wear my knee brace all day?
It is important to know that proper use of your knee brace can affect how effective it is at helping you heal. So you must always ensure the proper use of your braces.
You can wear your brace all day long, but this depends primarily on what your physician recommends.